About the share house
- Q.What is share house?
- Our share house has dormitory rooms for 2 or 3 people and common use areas which consist of a kitchen, living room and bathroom. Being able to communicate with share mates is one of the features of a share house.
- Q. It’s my first time living in a share house.
- Feel free to come in for an inspection of our share house IRORI. Our staff will show you around the common use areas and private rooms that you are interested in. We will also support you after you move in.
- Q.How does everyone deal with house cleaning?
- There is no cleaning service for your private room, but common spaces are cleaned by our maintenance staff a few times a week.
- Q.Does the share house hold any events or parties?
- Our share mates can organize parties and events. Seasonal events such as cherry blossom viewing and fireworks will be organized by the management, too. Joining the parties is not an obligation, but to communicate with other share mates, please positively take part in our events.
- Q.Can I move-in even though I cannot speak a foreign language?
- Don’t worry!! There are many share mates at our share house who do not speak a foreign language or have just started studying. Furthermore, they are interested in foreign languages and cultures, and many of them would like to speak English in their daily life. Your share mates will be happy to help you in difficult situations, and many people have actually improved their language skills after moving in.
We also provide Japanese and English support.
About the Sign-up procedure
- Q.Is there an age limit?
- We unfortunately don’t accept underage people.
- Q.What is the minimum contract length?
- Minimum contract length is one month.
- Q.Can I move-in together with my friend or partner?
- We do not mind two people moving in together as a couple (no gender required) or married couple.
- Q.How early can I reserve a room?
- 1 month in advance. Please check the current room vacancies and contact us.
Paying in advance is needed to reserve a room.
You’ll have to pay one month’s rent to reserve a room more than 1 month in advance.
- Q.What is the common service fee?
This fee covers electricity, gas, water, internet.
- Q.Do I have to sign up for electricity, gas, and water?
There is no need to sign up for them. They are included in the common service fee.
- Q. Are there any other fees except the upfront fee?
If you are renting a bed sheet set, there is an additional rental fee.
Besides that, we don’t charge any other fee (Key Money, etc).
- Q.Do I need a guarantor?
You don’t need a guarantor, but emergency contacts of a family member and workplace are required.
- Q.Can I apply from overseas?
Up until your move-in day, we can discuss and take care of everything necessary online.
We’ll give you further information via Skype.
- Q.Can I register the house’s address as my official address?
- Yes, you can!!
- Q.What payment methods do you offer?
- You can pay the upfront fee and monthly fee with a credit card.
If you’d like to pay a lump sum in cash, please come to our office.
- Q.Is it possible to make a corporate contract?
- Yes. If you would like to make a corporate contract, please let us know when you apply.
About facilities and amenities
- Q. Is there an internet connection?
You can use our Wi-Fi connection.
- Q.Does the share house have a bathroom and toilet?
There is a shower room, a bath room and 3 toilets in the common use areas.
Private rooms do not have a bathroom or toilet.
- Q.Is there a hairdryer?
There are two hairdryers in the washroom.
- Q.Are there any fees for using the laundry or dryer?
The fee for the washing machine is included in the common service fee.
The dryer costs 100yen/30min.
- Q.What kind of facilities and equipment are provided in each private room?
Bed, locker, and desk is provided. A bed sheet set is not included.
- Q.What equipment does the kitchen have?
You can use kitchen utensils, a rice cooker, a microwave and a refrigerator for free.
About the house rules
- Q.Is there a curfew?
There is no curfew, so you can enter and leave the house at any time you like, as long as you do not disturb your housemates late at night or early in the morning.
- Q.Can I smoke?
Smoking in the share house is strictly prohibited. You may only smoke in the designated smoking area.
- Q.Can my friends or family visit or stay overnight?
You are welcome to have visitors between 9:00 am and 22:00 pm.
Out of consideration towards your share mate’s privacy and security, overnight guests are strictly prohibited.
- Q.Is there a parking space for bicycles?
Yes, there is. You can park one bicycle for 500yen/month.
The parking space for bicycles is limited and we are not responsible for stolen bicycles.
- Q. Is there a parking space for cars?
Yes, there is. You can park one car for 20,000yen/month.
The parking space for cars is limited and we are not responsible for stolen cars.
About our services
- Q.Do you provide meal services?
We do not provide any meal services.
- Q.Do you provide daily consumable goods?
We do not provide shampoo, hair conditioner, body soap or toothbrushes in a bathroom. Please buy them on your own.
- Q.Can you keep my luggage before moving in or after moving out?
We unfortunately can’t keep any luggage.
About rent/sell items
- Q.Can I rent a bicycle?
There are two bicycles. You can rent a bicycle for 1,000yen/day.
- Q.Do you provide bed sheet rental?
If you’d like to use a bed sheet set, you can rent it for 9,800yen (tax included) for 6months.
There is no refund for early cancellation.
The bed sheet set includes a Futon or Bed pad, Sheet, Duvet, Duvet cover, Pillow, Pillowcase and Blanket.
- Q.Are there any items that I can buy/ rent at the share house?
We don’t sell/lease anything except bicycles or a set of bedding.
About nearby shopping and eating.
- Q. Is there a convenience store in the neighborhood?
2 mins walk to the convenience store (Seven Eleven).
- Q. Is there a restaurant in the neighborhood?
Near Miyakojima Sta., there is a café, Community Café MYCE owned by our management.
There are a wide variety of restaurants in the area. Don’t hesitate to ask our staff!!